Dr. Raguthu Medwin Family Medicine is an travel vaccine center, offering immunizations for all ages and conditions, including Yellow Fever. With more and more people choosing exotic destinations and embarking on adventurous vacations, we wish to remind you of the importance to travel well-protected.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) advises all travelers to consult with their doctors 4-6 weeks before departure.
- Each year, 40,000 Americans die of diseases that could have been prevented by routine adult vaccines.
- Also, make sure you talk to us about malaria and diarrhea tablets and remember to pack your sun-screen, your prescription medicines and a comprehensive first-aid kit.
Here is a list of recommended vaccines that we have available at Dr. Raguthu’s Family Medicine:
- Yellow Fever
- Diptheria, Pertussis & Tetanus
- Japanese encephalitis
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Twinrix (Hepatitis A and B)
- Pneumoccocal (pneumonia vaccine)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varicella (Chicken pox)
- Zostavax (Shingles vaccine)
- Flu Shot (yearly)
- Swine Flu (not available at the moment)
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus for girls aged 13 – 26 yrs)
Please note that most travel vaccine fees are not usually covered by insurances. Payment is due in full at the time of vaccination. You will be given a full receipt to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Call 956-546-7530 to make your appointment for a travel consultation with Dr Raguthu.
For more information on travel vaccines visit:
World Health Organization: www.who.int
Vaccine Information: www.vaccineinformation.org